11.01.2008

What a cycle!

The downside to ending this cycle is that next month I have endeavored to try making my own cloth pads. I hate pads and only envision this piece of juvenile pink and valentine red fleece with cheesy hearts on it- a jam sandwich between vulva and hipster or string bikini (black to hide blood stains) – smeared with remnants of lining clotted atop the weave, unable to seep into super absorbency; a reminder of why periods can be annoying.

At the same time, VyNL is on her own adventure – to try the jam sponge- which is just a bit too alternative for me। A cloth pad seems tame compared to the spongy unknown. I can’t see it being promising. Though for her sake, I imagine it being less painful?

Schwinn

1 comment:

Artwork by Colleen said...

hmm... I've considered making pads too- I am ok with them, though. I'm (admittedly this is somewhat unfounded) anti-tampon, and really anything that would have to stay "in me"... so yeah, the sponge kinda freaks me out. Well moreso than the cup, even. Sponges... ee. they have tiny holes-- who knows what's lurking in them?? I DON'T WANT VyNL TO GET MORE VAGINA-EATING MONSTERS! NOOOooooo Look out!!!
:P