12.10.2008

Gross

so my hallway in my building smells like an old smelly tampon! i live right across from the girls bathroom so it's really gross! i prefer the fishy ocean smell of my sponge to this gross used tampon smell! every girl on my floor needs to have a cup because then it wont smell! i dont understand why girls feel it is OKAY to be gross and not properly dispose of their environmentally unfriendly menstrual products!! it bothers me a lot because i have to smell it every time i leave or walk to my room! 


VyNL


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, this is really interesting, I just read the whole blog! I'm on a birth control called Implanon which is a little piece of plastic with hormones in it that they stick under your skin in your arm and it works for 3 years. I had crazy periods for the first year or so I had it. Like my first period on it lasted 6 weeks! It really freaked me out but my doctor said it was ok. Then I would go 6 weeks with no period, then have a two week long period (not very heavy) then go another 6 weeks without. When I started reading this though I realized I haven't had a period in 3 months probably. It's kind of creepy that I haven't had it, but it's even creepier that I didn't notice! I think I'm going to have it taken out soon and maybe I'll try out the cup or sponge!

Artwork by Colleen said...

wow! Thanks for sharing, Rachel- I've never heard of such a birth control! That does sound truly unnerving to have such an unpredictable cycle!

I am really lucky and thankful to have a pretty regular cycle- I don't know how I'd react to a 2 week long period! That would seem endless...

I'm glad you're thinking about having it taken out and trying some more natural ways to take care of your period (in my opionion, the less you mess with the way things "should be", the better.)