10.19.2008

Day 1


so i thought i was going to get my period on wednesday but i think i just got it. i took out my NuvaRing and wanted to try out the cup to see how it felt. when i first put it in it felt weird so i pulled it out to try and readjust it, there was no blood. the second time i put it in and pulled it out there was blood and it scared me because I know I’m not supposed to have my period for a few more days. So I wonder if somehow the suction from the cup caused an early onset of bleeding or if the antibiotics I have been taking really did “decrease the effectiveness” of my birth control. Either way… I have my period now and the alternative menstrual product journey has begun!

So I can feel the cup inside of me and it’s a little annoying. But as I am getting used to it, I am slowly starting to feel it less but I am still aware of it being there. It is actually really cool because I have already pulled it out once and saw the blood collecting on the bottom. It will be really interesting to see how much I actually bleed a month. I know that I am not going to keep a record of how many ml I bleed because I just don’t have that kind of time and I don’t have the brain power/memory to try to remember. I will also remember to keep the cup away from animals especially rodents… so I guess I won’t be lying naked in the subways. So I just sneezed and it moved the cup a little and now it is pinching me or something... Ahh! Pain! I am afraid to take it out or move it around because I don’t want to have problems putting it back in. what sucks is that my bathroom is public and I can’t just clean it out in the sink and put it back in. I would have to walk over to the sink rinse it and then go back into a stall and put it back in. What a hassle. I know at school it wont be so bad because I can just use a single person stall. Ugh.. it really hurts so I am going to go fix it because I don’t want another freak infection! 

i posted the lunette cup website incase you want to check it out... just click on "Day 1" at the top and it will direct you there.

Ok so pulling it out was so painful!! I am wearing a tampon tonight. I’ll try again in the morning. This is a lot harder than I thought.

Well even the tampon is hurting.. so I guess I hurt myself trying to use the cup. I think I may have done something when I was trying out the cup. OUCH! 


VyNL

No comments: