10.26.2008

Day 3

Third time is a charm.  I’ve figured out that either my periods have lightened in flow considerably over the last couple years or the diva cup is large enough to accommodate my needs and overnight pads are deceiving.  I’ve survived by emptying the cup twice today without much disaster.  Basically, that just means that I love the cup even more.  Regardless of what has been discussed in class in light of odors and scented products, I’m convinced that there is an odor about bloody pads, especially if they linger too long.  The cup seems to prevent this.  The blood is a different consistency and color since the lining sheds and settles in the cup as opposed to smeared in and about a pad or tampon.  Strangely enough, I just feel more connected to it – though more like a scientist.  Pads, no matter how friendly and comforting the advertisement, gross me out with the sight of stale blood, while the cup incites a curiosity about what’s in there.  If I were a bit crazier, I’d probably toss a sample on a slide and analyze it under a microscope.  Ok, maybe not.  After all, blood is blood, no?  But really –it’s wholly different when it is presented in one neat little cup.


Schwinn

2 comments:

Artwork by Colleen said...

Yeah, even just hearing about the blood sounds intriguing! Lol I'd love to see a guy's reaction upon hearing "Yeah, I have a little cup collecting the lining of my uterus. Wanna see?!" Hahaaa... I would pay for that. I think even the thought of a pad/tampon makes most men queasy.

VyNL said...

YES!!!! i know how you feel! there is no scent when using the cup! its great! and ya i love to look at the blood. i knew you would understand. i dont feel like such a freak! it's a lot of fun! (the sponge may look cool but squeezing out blood is nowhere near as much fun as the cup is!)

VyNL